Thank you for visiting our KS3 information page. KS3 is a vital part of your child's progression through school. Learning in year 8 and 9 embeds strong literacy and numeracy skills, encourages participation in humanities and arts and lay the foundations for GCSE courses. By mid-way through year 9 students will be looking at pathways for KS4 and this is both exciting, and at times a little daunting.
This age range is also the time when young people start to mature and explore their identities and for that reason, we ensure that pastoral care is a priority and partnerships with parents and carers are strong.
At this time of year, we would normally invite you to an information evening to explore how home and school can work together to achieve the best outcomes for young people in KS3. Due to current restrictions this is unable to happen this year and so we have put together a booklet which is accessible by following the link below. We invite you to raise any questions or queries that you may have in the KS3 surgery on Thursday 22nd October between 2.30pm and 3.30pm. Staff listed below will be available during this time to speak with you on a range of topics. Please call the main school number, 01273 517601 and state that you are calling for KS3 surgery and which staff member you wish to speak to.
- Luke Honeybourne - Assistant Head - Show my Homework
- Jayne Lewis - Assistant Head - Attendance/safeguarding
- Sabrina Giles - KSD Yr 7 or Chris Storey KSD Yr 8/9 - behaviour
- Lily Broughton Pastoral Lead Yr 7 or
- Marie Kennedy Pastoral Lead Yr8/9 - uniform/pastoral support and care
- Sian Brown or Danielle Farrant SEN support - Any support around additional needs